Sunday, June 23, 2013

Octopus Cake Pops

Welcome Summer!  I love everything about this time of year.  Beach parties, lake trips and day hikes . . . . I am ready!
I created these Octopus Cake Pops to bring a little "beachy" goodness into our dessert line up. 
They would be great for an Ocean Wonders or Under the Sea party, don't you think?  And making them with five legs vs. eight legs is just part of the fun!

Place them in a bed of brown sugar and it is an instant presentation on your dessert table.
They were fairly simple to make; however, the legs are delicate and do break easily. 
Suggestion:  pipe them directly onto where they will be presented.

Roll the cake pops into an oval shape, dip and let set.  Put the remaining melted candy coating into a squeeze bottle and make a center circle directly onto the brown sugar.  Pipe curls for legs.  Then place the oval cake pop in the center circle and decorate. 
I hope you try these for your next Ocean themed party.  They will make you and your guests smile!


5 comments:

  1. these are so cute! I know the kids would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I have been wracking my brain to come up with a cute summer treat using "sugar" sand! You did it..adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brown sugar "beach sand" is so much fun to get creative with!

      Delete
  3. i love these and will be trying my best to do this soon. what did you use for the eyeballs? thanks!

    ReplyDelete